Tuesday, April 2, 2013

OOTD: Rock & Red!

Hello Beautiful!

A few weeks ago we had a cold front in usually hot and sunny Nassau, Bahamas! Rain, high wind, and all that cold air gave me an excuse to wear my faux leather moto jacket! Finally!!

Leather jackets were hot for the 2012 Fall Fashion Season, and the former masculine clothing piece has transitioned into a female fashionista's staple!

Even though the moto jacket has a masculine rockstar feel, I found a way to add femininity to it by pairing it with red heels!

Here's what I wore:

Black Faux Leather Moto Jacket - Forever 21.com



















#trendalert! Leather moto jackets are still making a statement since MJ's 1987 "Bad" album was released, and probably before then. Although a trendy piece, a nice leather jacket is also essential for everyone's closet. Male or female!


Rolling Stones Tank





















Levi Distressed Boyfriend Jeans



















#vintagepiece! I've had these jeans since 2005! I found these jeans in a Levi outlet. What made me purchase these jeans when my peers were probably wearing tight fitted bell bottoms or skinny jeans, I don't know! But I've styled these jeans many ways over the years, and they're still one of my favorite pairs in my closet.



Red Peep Toe Pumps




















Full Outfit:



























































In this look I softened a masculine trend (leather moto jacket) with a feminine essential (heels). My look is an example of making a theme with your outfit. The theme of this outfit is Rock and Roll! My jacket, Rolling Stones tank and metal accessories definitely screams that! My boyfriend jeans and red heel to compliment the red lips on my shirt, we're just added touches.

Theme outfits makes it easier for you to create a look! So think of all the looks, trends, and styles over the years and go for it! For example, if I wanted to go for a Nubian Queen look I would've put on a maxi skirt, head wrap and big bangles and earrings.




I hope this look inspires your next outfit! Remember, "always dress to express yourself."


-242BlqRze






<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4987051/?claim=btxgbd2ps8p">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>







No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin